Is your soul weary today? When my soul is troubled, I need to stop and hear God’s words of love — rather than distracting myself with doing more and ignoring my heart.
Is your soul feeling weary too — even though you’re getting things done and all looks well on the outside? We live in a world that is good at problem solving. Have a problem, just Google your question and a slew of search results offer you a different approach. Our world rewards productivity and results. We are so thin on time, we become fearful of wasting whatever slivers of time we have.
We forget that for life is a journey to experience God and not a plan to execute for him. We need to remember the most beautiful things in life, that truly sustain and give us meaning, take time to grow and be nurtured. Here are 7 promises from God to remember when your soul feels overwhelmed by troubles.
1. I will be your shelter. He will be your home. No matter where your journey takes you, you belong to Him. “You are my shelter and my shield; I put my hope in Your word.” (Psalm 119:114)
2. No matter who hurts you with their words, I will heal you. He is your safe place. “In the shelter of your presence you hide them from all human intrigues; you keep them safe in your dwelling from accusing tongues.” (Psalm 31:20)
3. When your arms are empty of dreams, I will sing you a new song. His song — his plan for your life — is greater than you can image. “He has given me a new song to sing.” (Psalm 40:3)
4. I will never tire of your worries. 4. Don’t hide your worries from Him. Come closer and bring them all to Him. Again and again. “Do not worry . . . look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap . . . and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?” (Luke 12:22-25)
5. Let go of what holds you and let Me hold you instead. What others don’t want, he wants. You are his. “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are mine.” (Isaiah 41:3)
6. My heart is your home and sure shelter for this journey. Not because life is perfect, but because His love for you is irrevocably perfect.” I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.” (Jeremiah 31:3)
7. My choice to choose and love you is irrevocable. You are forever in His heart. This He pledges. “He has set his seal of ownership in us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge, a guarantee of what is to come.” (2 Corinthians 1:22)
We were made to be God’s beloved. Renewed. Vibrant. He’s placed in us a part of Him that no amount of productivity, goal-setting, or accomplishment can fulfill. God’s placed in you and me a spiritual whitespace, a longing for beauty and rest that awakens with feelings of desire or even weariness.
It’s in those honest moments of reflection, God’s quiet voice still whispers to us and invites us to be known – You are not forgotten.I know this place where you’ve hidden. Beneath the busyness. Beneath your unspoken words, I see you. Your heart. Your story. Your questions. Your need. Come to Me. Let Me love you.
When we stop to listen, we can hear Jesus say: “Come to Me. You who are weary and heavy laden. Let Me give you rest.” (Matthew 11:28)
How is God whispering words of love to your soul today?