35 Ways to Tell Your Partner You Love Them – Without Using Words
WORDS ARE POWERFUL.
Actions, however, carry a sense of weight and permanence that words just don’t. We know we can trust them. They can never be taken back once they are given. The things we choose to do for our partner are a deeply and profoundly honest way to express our love.
HERE ARE 35 OF MY FAVORITE NON-VERBAL DECLARATIONS OF AFFECTION:
1. Bring your partner breakfast in bed.
2. Put on their favorite team’s colors and join them for the game.
3. Complete an errand or stack of paperwork you know they’ve been dreading.
4. Leave a love note for them to find when they come home from working late.
5. Always give them the benefit of the doubt.
6. Give your partner a hug when they’ve had a rough day.
7. Leave a surprise – a cookie, a note, or a picture the kids drew – somewhere they’ll find it during the workday.
8. Initiate sex.
9. Offer to help with a project your partner is working on.
10. Buy them a t-shirt you know they would love.
11. Do a chore that is normally their responsibility. Don’t mention it to them.
12. Cook their favorite meal.
13. Write a song about your partner.
14. Take care of the kids while your partner sleeps in.
15. Allow them space and time when they need it.
16. Send a picture message of a moment in your day they would find funny.
17. Kiss your partner unexpectedly.
18. Offer your partner a massage after a hard day of work.
19. Wear an outfit you know they love.
20. Look at old pictures together. Remember the good times.
21. Break up the day by surprising your partner with a spontaneous picnic.
22. Make a scrapbook of your favorite moments together.
23. Read a book together.
24. Buy tickets to a performance by your partner’s favorite band.
25. Look at the stars together.
26. Donate to a cause your partner supports in their name.
27. Clean the house without being asked.
28. Play their favorite music in the car.
29. Find a documentary your partner would love. Watch it together.
30. Just listen – without giving criticism, input, or advice.
31. Give them something homemade. Knit, bake, paint – use your talents, whatever they are.
32. Take a shower together.
33. Clean out your partner’s car – without judgement or complaint.
34. Make a playlist of songs that remind you of them.
35. Accept your partner for who they are in this moment. Do not try to change them.
“Life is too short to be around someone that says they love you but doesn’t show it,” wrote Elizabeth Bourgeret. Our actions show the truest version of our soul, in a deeper and more meaningful way than our words ever could.
CHOOSE AN ACT OF LOVE FROM THIS LIST THAT SPEAKS TO YOU, OR DREAM UP YOUR OWN.
IT’S A WONDERFUL THING TO GIVE TO YOUR PARTNER.
Please support us my sharing this article