12 Quotes to Light the Way When You Feel Lost
It’s impossible to walk the path of life without feeling lost at some point. Maybe you are on track, but unsure of yourself. Maybe you have truly gone off course. Whatever the reason, that feeling of being lost is scary. It can keep us from going forth with purpose. It can stop us in our tracks entirely.
IT’S TIMES LIKE THESE THAT WE TURN TO THE WISDOM OF OTHERS.
Here are twelve quotes to help you find your way again:
1. “Be brave and take risks. You don’t have to have it all figured out to move forward.” – Roy T. Bennett
Don’t allow yourself to become paralyzed by fear. Go about the business of doing. Believe in yourself, and believe in your ideas.
2. “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
Great things are happening all around us. We only need to open our eyes.
3. “The head thinks. The heart knows.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
Don’t underestimate the power of your intuition. Tap into it. Use your inner wisdom. If something feels wrong – or right – it probably is.
4. “I’m tired of being inside my head. I want to live out here, with you.” – Colleen McCarty
A rich inner life is important – but don’t cultivate one at the expense of living in our wild, wonderful world. Reach out. Form relationships. Become a citizen of the universe.
5. “If it doesn’t open, it’s not your door.” – Unknown
Don’t waste your mental and emotional energy on opportunities that were not meant for you. Look for a door that opens. What you find there may surprise you.
6. “We have two ears and one mouth, so we should listen more than we say.” – Zeno of Citium
We learn most effectively when we stop and listen. Use the wisdom and experience of those around you. Let them help you to grow.
7. “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
The best way to find yourself again is to lose yourself in service. What have you done to help others lately?
8. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown
We can’t change the past. We can only learn from it, and choose to move forward with a greater sense of wisdom. You are your present thoughts, feelings, and decisions. You are not your past mistakes.
9. “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.” – Jim Rohn
You are a powerful and dynamic human being. There is nothing rooting you to your current space. If you are unhappy, you have the power to move. Use it!
10. “The best is yet to come, we’ve only just begun.” – Unknown
Someday, you will look back at this moment as the beginning of your journey. Don’t lose faith that you are headed somewhere beautiful.
11. “Sometimes bad things have to happen before good things can.” – Becca Fitzpatrick
Heartbreak leads to happiness. Failure leads to success. The road to great things is rarely without obstacles.
12. “Don’t stop believing. Get this party started!” – Hayley Dunfee, Modern Family
Never lose sight of the fact that you are destined to achieve great things. Get to the business of doing. Don’t cave to self-doubt.
We all feel lost at some point in life. That’s part of the mystery and awe that is our human existence. Great things rarely come easily. Hang in there, and trust in your unique path. It will lead you somewhere entirely wonderful and unexpected.
Please support us by sharing this article