There’s a fine line between feeling comfortable in your love life and falling into a rut. While most of us wish that our relationship had more excitement and spontaneity, few of us feel up to making the effort. Adding a spark to your relationship takes creativity, energy, and a whole lot of hope. However, the results often speak for themselves.
HERE ARE 30 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR LOVE FEEL NEW AGAIN:
1. Learn to play a challenging game together. Chess is a good one. If you’re outdoorsy, tennis might be a better option. Find something that appeals to you both.
2. Have a picnic dessert together and watch the sunset.
3. Identify a shared interest – art, entrepreneurship, social service, music, animal welfare, etc. – and start a passion project.
4. Leave a love note on the rear view mirror of your partner’s car.
5. Surprise your partner with a “time out.” Take over their chores and responsibilities for the afternoon and let them have some time alone. This is an especially good idea if you have children.
6. Choose a song that reminds you of your partner. Share it with them.
7. Ask your partner about their childhood.
8. Learn a foreign language together. Make plans to travel abroad where you can use it.
9. Write down your love story.
10. Find a book your partner would like. Leave it under their pillow.
11. Send flowers to your partner’s office.
12. Take a class together in a subject that interests you both.
13. Make something for your partner by hand. Bake cookies, knit a scarf, sing a song, draw a cartoon, or write a poem. You have a talent – use it!
14. Get in touch with your inner child. Play laser tag, paintball, or mini golf together.
15. Kick a bad habit together – drinking, smoking, swearing, and binge eating are good ones to start with.
16. Go on a double date with a couple you both enjoy.
17. Kiss hello and goodbye – passionately. Try to embarrass your children.
18. Begin a daily spiritual ritual with your partner. You might pray together, read from an inspiring book, or engage in philosophical discussion.
19. Remind your partner why you fell in love with them in the first place.
20. Get away for a weekend together. Explore a new town, and get to know one another again away from the daily grind.
21. Cook your partner’s favorite meal.
22. Start writing a story together, just for fun. Alternate sentences. See where it goes.
23. Tell your partner what your favorite part of their body is. Don’t go for the obvious.
24. Plan a hike together.
25. Cut down on your daily TV time by half an hour. Spend this extra thirty minutes engaging with your partner.
26. Establish a goal – financial, dietary, fitness oriented, or otherwise – and work towards it together. Support one another sweetly, or compete fiercely – whichever fits your couple style.
27. Tell your partner three things you admire about them.
28. Go on a real date. Have a romantic dinner, and don’t discuss work or the kids.
29. Send your partner a dirty text message.
30. Dress up, put on some music, and dance together in the living room.
“Some think love can be measured by the amount of butterflies in their tummy. Others think love can be measured in bunches of flowers, or by using the words ‘for ever.’ But love can only truly be measured by actions. It can be a small thing, such as peeling an orange for a person you love because you know they don’t like doing it,” wrote Marian Keyes. Find a way to show your partner they are loved. The world needs more of these gestures, big and small.
Source: Unified Soul Theory